The internal procedures through which the Department pursues, implements and monitors the quality of the research are essentially entrusted to the Director and the Scientific and Research Committee, except in cases where the Department Academic Council designates certain Commissions charged with developing proposals on specific issues to be discussed and approved in the Council itself.
The Scientific and Research Committee has an advisory and propositional function:
– in defining the criteria for the division of the Integrated Budget for Departmental Research (BIRD) into DOR (Ordinary Research Endowment) and SID (strategic investment of the Department)
– in the definition of the criteria for dividing the Ordinary Research Endowment (DOR)
– in the drafting of the three-year plan for research
– in the identification of departmental development lines
– in the analysis of the results of the evaluation of the research quality (VQR).
The competence to deliberate lies with the Departmental Academic Council.